2009 Suspense/Adventure Rated PG-13 139 (PG-13) / 146 (Extended) Minutes
|In Theaters||May 15, 2009|
|On 4K UHD||October 11, 2016|
|On Blu-ray||November 24, 2009|
|On DVD||November 24, 2009|
What terrifying discovery would make the Vatican turn to Robert Langdon, the man who cracked history’s most controversial code? When Langdon discovers evidence of the resurgence of an ancient secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati – the most powerful underground organization in history – he also faces a deadly threat to the existence of the secret organization's most despised enemy: the Catholic Church. Upon learning that the clock is ticking on an unstoppable Illuminati time bomb, Langdon travels to Rome, where he joins forces with Vittoria Vetra, a beautiful and enigmatic Italian scientist. Embarking on a nonstop, action-packed hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs, deserted cathedrals, and even to the heart of the most secretive vault on earth, Langdon and Vetra will follow the 400-year-old Path of Illumination that marks the Vatican's only hope for survival.
Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence, disturbing images and thematic material.
Box office gross: $133.4 million. View box office history.
Released by Sony Pictures. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Tom Hanks returns with 'Inferno' trailer
- Top movies, people and news on our site in 2009
- Casting Prediction: Morgan Freeman will be cast in 'The Lost Symbol'
- Putting the cart before the horse, Sony picking up third 'Da Vinci Code' movie
- Super Bowl movie spots miss their mark
- UPDATE: Sony drops first trailer for 'Angels & Demons' and a clue