1994 Drama/Comedy Rated PG-13 142 Minutes
|In Theaters||July 6, 1994
Re-release September 5, 2014
|On 4K UHD||June 12, 2018|
|On Blu-ray||November 3, 2009|
|On DVD||June 16, 1998|
Hanks is Forrest Gump, who despite being mentally challenged, tried hard, is honest and places his trust in luck. He tells his life story to anyone who sits next to him at a bus stop, and the flashbacks follow Forrest and his good heart through some of the highlights of modern American history.Through the use of digital imagery, Forrest appears to interact in scenes with John F. Kennedy, John Lennon and George Wallace. "Life is like a box of chocolates."
Rated PG-13 for drug content, some sensuality and war violence.
Box office gross: $330.1 million.
Released by Paramount. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Does 'Sully' mark an Oscar return for Tom Hanks?
- Oscar Watch: Two Trailers kick off Oscars race
- Sniff! All the movies that make guys cry
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: A look at three trailers
- KoldCast's '11 Things You Didn't Know About Shawshank Redemption' plus a few of our own
- Ten actors that we want to save from the dreaded 'type cast'